Friday, April 14, 2006

Deschutes Brewery - Cascade Ale

Okay, so I am taking a sip right . . now . . and I can tell you next to nothing about how it tastes. There's a very brief sensation of, I don't know, maltiness? at first, which quickly vanishes on the tongue before I can swallow--a disappearing act not dissimilar to that of Pop Rocks. The ad copy claims a "light-hearted cirtus finish," but all I'm left with is a slight dryness, as if my mouth has been coated with a fine, absorbant powder.

Last night I drank four of these, and came away with no distinct impression other than that I was getting mildly drunk while watching King Kong. Overall, a thoroughly middling beer.

Rating: 5/10

2 comments:

Monumental Beard said...

HEY! HEY!! HEY!!!

Quit rippin' off my beer reviews, dick!

rrriles said...

i wrote that review in april of '06, so..

quit rippin' off MY beer reviews, dick!