Friday, August 8, 2008

My hero!

Purple Rain
(Albert Magnoli, 1984)

Talented prick comes of age.

And then there was Purple Rain. OMG. Part way thru this film I realized this is about me! I like motorcylces. I am a temperamental, sensitive, highly talented, and highly misunderstood artist. I have a sweet hair cut. I look gooooood naked (maybe 30% of the film Prince is shirtless). But yeah, killer OST. Killer costuming. TOTAL BOOB SHOT. Geez, that Apollonia chick is my-tee-fyne. Can't really get enough of that, nossiree bob. Acting is uh... spotty. I get the feeling many of the actors were really musicians? OH MAN, love the stage sequences. The domestic disputes! Prince all being hella badass "Come out here mother fucker!" THE DRAMA! Highly entertaining. One of the few what I shall consider "rock" movies that is worth viewing. Just tons and tons of fun.

Recommended most definitely

1 comment:

marionpauline said...

and all this time I thought it was about me!! sweet review though.
-marion(berry)